Honey sticks, also known as honey stix, are an incredible and convenient way to enjoy honey. What are honey sticks? They are honey that has been sealed in plastic straws. Each stick is about 16 calories, and they come in too many flavors to mention. How about cranhoney, lavender vanilla honey, or mint honey sticks? Then there is caramel, pumpkin blossom, and lemon. Many flavors to satisfy even the pickiest person.
What I like about them is that they are super convenient. They can be used for the following, just to name a few things. Once you taste them, I’m sure you’ll discover how to incorporate them into your own lifestyle.
1. Traveling – When you’re on the road traveling, pop a few in your briefcase or purse. When you need a quick pick-me-up, these will do the trick. They taste amazing and will give you quick energy and mental clarity.
2. After a Workout – After you work out, your body needs energy. These honey sticks can be an easy and tasty way to fill this requirement. Just open and enjoy. No mess.
3. In Lunch Boxes – Both grown-ups and kids enjoy this delicious and nutritious snack. They can easily substitute for dessert because they are so delicious and satisfying. You can even open a honey stick and drizzle the honey over fruit or yogurt for a fast, great-tasting treat.
4. When Working at the Computer – I don’t know about you, but when I’m working at the computer, I find it hard to take a lunch or snack break. These come in very handy – just open and enjoy. You’ll feel energized and more alert and ready to continue.
5. When You Have a Sore Throat – When you don’t feel well, you don’t want to mess around with mixing and preparing. These honey sticks can be placed near your bed so that you can enjoy them while in bed to soothe that sore throat and have you feeling better in no time. These are excellent for kids who don’t enjoy or want to drink hot tea with honey.
6. When Trying to Lose Weight – A binge is usually the thing that sends people over the weight loss mountain where they crash and burn. With honey sticks around, you can eliminate binging by snacking on these instead of a calorie-laden dessert. These honey sticks are low in calories, naturally sweetened so you don’t need to eat a lot to feel satisfied. And they are so convenient that when you feel a ‘snack attack” coming on, you can open one of these extraordinary, gooey treats immediately and avert a failure.
7. Coffee and Tea Time – Put out some honey sticks if you’re having your friends over for coffee or tea, or if you are planning an event where unsweetened drinks are going to be served, such as ice tea or lemonade. These honey sticks make a very elegant presentation. Your guests can use these as stirrers after pouring the contents in their beverage. No spoons needed. Simple, easy and you’ll be the star host or hostess.
Once you taste one of these sticks, you’ll be addicted. So, you’ve been forewarned :-).
What honey stick flavors are your favorite? What are honey sticks used for in your home? Snacks? To flavor tea and coffee? Leave a comment.